Submitted by Anonymous on
Thanks for your interest in OBM and your contribution spirit.
* Ability to translate in a not-yet translated language
* Have a **[Github](https://github.com/join)** account
* Terminal with git (on linux) or github app for **[mac](https://mac.github.com/)** or **[windows](https://windows.github.com/)**
**Never use Git or github ? [this is all you need to know for start to use git with github account](https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git)**
* Text editor (gedit, brackets, sublime text or other)
Fork OBM repo on Github
Once logged to github, you have to fork the **[OBM official repository on github](https://github.com/linagora/OBM/tree/next)**
Clone repo on your local desktop
**[See the full guide to fork repository from github application guide](https://guides.github.com/activities/forking/#clone)**
**[Or use your terminal to download the repository you just forked from OBM official repository](https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo)**
* **Verify your are on the master branch**
* Duplicate folder of one langage from _**ui/obminclude/lang/**_ and rename it with **[locale iso code 639-1](http://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes)**
* open file **global.inc** with an editor, you must have this view:
OBM languages files are written in PHP to import and find easily the right term to use in the application interface.
These files are respecting the same pattern:
$l_**[Name of variable]** = "**[Value of variable]**"
**You must change only the value of variable between double quote, don't loose them, they are vital**
Translate Mail Templates
Duplicate folder of one language from **java/sync/services-module/eclipse-build/org/sync/server/mailer/template**
This is an example of **.tpl** file we use, it's an **HTML** so you must change only the words between orange borders.
The arrangement of php templates are not the same, we have sub-folder by category in **ui/views/mail/** where languages folder are.
This is an example of plain format template, you must change sentences and word except things between ****
Display the country flag
Now you need to add the country to display it in user settings :
* Find an image/icon of your flag : size *50px** x **33px** (resize him if necessary) in **gif** or **png**
* Name it like this flag_**[exact name of your language folder]**.extension
* Move it to default theme of OBM : _**ui/resource/theme/default/images**_
* Now edit the file **ui/resource/theme/default/theme.inc** to add the flag like this:
$flag_**[exact name of your language folder]** = "$theme_path/**[name of your image with extension]**"
_**! not needed for spanish, deutsch, italian, norvegian and romanian flag, we keep it from old half translated version.**_
Time to push and pull
**[See the documentation to _Making and pushing changes_ and _Making a Pull Request_](https://guides.github.com/activities/forking/#making-changes)**
Thanks for your contribution,
See you on github ;)
**OBM Core Team**Obuwie